5 Benefits Of Spinal Decompression
Everyone experiences pain in their neck or lower back at some point in their life. But if the discomfort you’re feeling causes radiating pain in your arm, shoulder, or leg, then you may have degeneration or a herniated disc that is compressing the nerve. Spinal decompression can help relieve the pressure in the nerve that is causing the pain.
Spinal decompression is a non-invasive form of traction treatment that calls for the use of a special motorized table to relieve pressure, give spacing back to the spinal discs, and promote natural healing. When the pressure on the disc is decreased or relieved, it can often return to its normal position and stop the pain caused by conditions such as:
- Herniated or degenerated disc
- Spinal arthritis
- Spinal Stenosis (narrowing of spinal canal)
- Nerve root pressure
Thankfully, Brain-Body Connection Chiropractic in Denton has a spinal decompression table in-house. This has become a valuable piece to our holistic suite of services since patients no longer need to worry about being referred out to a specialist. In fact, we are even considering getting a second decompression table due to the treatment’s popularity.
Here are five reasons why you should consider spinal decompression treatment:
- It’s highly effective — If you are to the point where you possibly need surgery because of a degenerated disc, studies show there is a 75-85% chance that spinal decompression will help you avoid going that route. For patients with a herniation, the likelihood of success is much higher at 85-95%.
- Pain-free therapy — The whole idea of spinal decompression is to provide pain relief in a non-invasive way. Patients lie on a table and are either strapped in at the waist or on the base of their skull as the table moves. There’s no recovery time, and no medication is required.
- Long-term results — Keep in mind that spinal decompression is a process. On average, it takes six to eight sessions to start getting the pain to go down. Every pull is forcing nutrients into the discs so they can be rehydrated. Also, the herniation is pulled back into the disc. When done consistently, this form of treatment can provide long-term results.
- Improved posture — Many of the pain issues we face result from poor posture, which affects the natural alignment of the spine. Spinal decompression removes nerve interference. Coupled with regular chiropractic care, many patients experience a dramatic improvement in overall posture.
- It’s a process — Because we have a decompression table in our chiropractic office, you can rest assured that treatments will be effective. Depending on if it’s the neck or lower back, treatments can take 20 to 30 minutes.
Call Brain-Body Connection Chiropractic today
Brain-Body Connection Chiropractic in Denton, Texas, blends balanced chiropractic techniques used to correct skeletal imbalances with a holistic approach to wellness that uncovers the real reason you are in pain. We are the go-to family chiropractor in Denton for patients of all ages because we offer services not found in many chiropractic offices. This allows us to treat everything from a backache to poor posture, range of motion issues, post-injury management, a herniated disc, scoliosis, and more.
Call us today for your next appointment.